Orthodontics is a specialty branch of dentistry that helps straighten your teeth and correct misaligned bite issues. Crooked, crowded or gapped teeth can cause many issues over time, not just an off-balanced smile. They can cause your bite to become unbalanced, which could lead to painful TMJ (temporomandibular joints) issues. Also, cleaning crowded and crooked teeth effectively can be a tricky task. Therefore you are more prone to decay and gum disease, which will result in more dental visits and money in the future. Straightening your teeth will not only give you a new brilliant smile, but help keep you and your teeth in good health.
If you have misalignment issues, talk to Dr. El Youssef about your goals and fears. Whether you’re a parent of child that needs teeth straightening, or an adult interested in having your own teeth corrected, he will work with you find the best treatment.
YOU CAN BE A CANDIDATE FOR ORTHODONTICS IF YOU HAVE:
- A cross-bite – when one or more of your teeth are canted towards the cheek or away from it.
- An open-bite – when your jaw is closed, not all teeth on top and bottom touch
- An under-bite – when your jaw is closed, you lower teeth rest in front of your top teeth.
- An over-bite – when your jaw is closed, your upper teeth are in front of your bottom teeth beyond beyond the normal 5mm that is classified as “normal”
- An over-jet issue – this better known as “bucked teeth”
- Overcrowded teeth – this can happen when you have more teeth than what your jaw can accommodate
- Gapped teeth – noticeable spaces between your teeth